Friday, November 20, 2009

RVer Profile: Hannah

Hello all…RVer Hannah here….for as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to drive cross country…I think it started when I was a kid and my friends dad showed us half a dollar bill that he and his friend had ripped in half on their trip cross country and both had kept half as a reminder of their trip for the rest of their lives…seemed so cool when I was a kid…SO, it’s only taken me about 20 years after hearing that story to actually be planning to drive cross country…I’m so excited to see what the rest of this expansive country has to offer….I’m certain that there are some interesting corners of this country that will change the way I see things and I am certain that there will be lots of laughs along the way…and tons of documentation along the way…did we mention that we might be “shutterbugs”....the last wedding the RV crew was at amounted to over 200 shots in one day...all quality! Here’s a taste of our photojournalistic style…


I’m sure that there must be a brand out there that wants to take advantage of all the skills this group has to offer…so what do I bring to the table additionally…while I can’t say that I’ve had as much screen time as my husband, I have had the opportunity to be in a few commercials myself…I’ve had plenty of experience as a brand ambassador for zipcar, which in its early stages was about as grassroots as you can get…people talking to people trying to get a message out about a great service…I’ve also experience a wide variety of beverage promotions over the years…I am currently in selling dental implants, so while I have extensive marketing experience, my recent years have been spent trying to close sales…which is always a challenge…but something that every brand needs in order to survive!


The thought of spending a few weeks with some of my best friends in a house of wheels is slightly frightening but very exciting as well…the last time I took a trip in an RV was when I was about 12 years old and my family drove from NH to Virginia with another family, this time it was 5 kids, 1 dog and 3 adults...our family friend, Joyce Maynard, was writing an article for a family magazine about travelling by rv and visiting some of the different sites along the way…by far the most memorable part of our trip was making bricks in colonial Williamsburg by stomping on mud with our bare feet…but a close second would be when one of the “adults” managed to pop the tire of our rv while making a tight turn…although what I think I remember most about this trip was that the magnets on our cabinets in the rv didn’t work very well and every time we turned a corner we all stood up to hold the cabinets shut so our supplies didn’t come flying out…so perhaps there’s a magazine out there looking for a new article about travelling the country in an rv? I hope so…


I’m not as organized as Paul but am having my mom dig up some pictures of that first RV trip…stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! So excited for you & this adventure! I have the route my friend Sara and I took back in '01 mapped out if you want to take a look! We were on the road for nearly 3 months tho - eeks! Looking back....I cannot believe we lived out of black betty for that long!! An RV will be MUCH better :)

    Hannah...Is Chucko the 'friend's dad' with the 1/2 dollar bill? Too funny...

    ReplyDelete