Thursday, November 12, 2009

RVer Profile: Keith

Here's Keith's profile... from the question "write a little blurb about yourself"...




"I’m a second year MBA student at the Darden Graduate School of Business in Charlottesville, VA. I spent the five years prior to business school working for Monitor Group, a strategy consulting firm based out of Boston, MA. Most of my work was marketing related with Fortune 500 clients, focused on consumer buying process, segmentation, segment profiling & messaging. With each project I took on increasing levels of responsibility, most recently acting as a project manager with overall responsibility for the client relationship & project team.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the project based nature of consulting, and the marketing focus of my work, I became increasingly frustrated with the lack of ownership over the final deliverable. I came to business school to hone my general management skillset, with the knowledge that I would transition into industry for a career in a consumer packaged food company. I spent the summer of 2009 as an Associate Marketing Manager Intern at General Mills, in the Pillsbury Totino’s division. I have an offer to return full-time, and will most likely be moving there next summer.

Outside of work / school, my passion is off-roading. I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler with about seven inches of lift, beefy tires, and a whole bunch of other goodies… hence the desire to visit Moab, Utah and check out off-roading on the red rock out there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment